There are 3 cuts within the Perfect Pork range that come pre-packaged in a cook-in-bag. These are –
- Sirloin Roast 500g
- Pork Belly 500g
- Fillet Roast 320g
These 3 cuts can be cooked fresh (from the fridge) or from frozen (straight from the freezer). There is no need to de-frost the cuts before cooking them.
Cooking instructions, including cook time, are printed on each retail pack. Note, it is important not to pierce the cook-in-bag film, as this will naturally self-vent during the cooking process.
The advantages of this special ‘Mylar’ cook-in-bag film are –
- Reduces cook time by up to 30%.
- Increases raw to cooked weight yields.
- Maintains moisture within the product and dose not dry out.
- Intensifies flavours as vapours are held in the cook pouch until venting.
- Facilitates browning in the dry cook phase post venting.
- Enables cooking from chilled or frozen.
- Safety advantages as meat is not handled from packing to cooked.
- No mess in the oven.
- Saves clean up – no roasting pans to scrub.